22 July 2018

It's been a while



Social media has subsumed so much of online communication and sharing -- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr -- that sometimes I forget about my blogs, which is a shame because the nature of a blog is more intimate. Blogs encourage writing -- duh, it's was all about journaling when blogs first started.  


And I've drifted from my artwork --  yes, I'll admit that work and family and other issues pretty much took over my life these past years.  I can't remember the last time I picked up a paint brush.  But things are changing for me once again.  Retirement is coming up and frankly, I cannot wait!  

So this morning I decided it was time to begin dabbling again.  Because time is short and I wanted to get outside and enjoy my Sunday afternoon before returning to work tomorrow, I decided to play with small digital collages.

It's almost like learning to ride a bike all over again!  Lots of 'mistakes' later, I was finally happy with what I did.  Time to share!  



These little works are all available on my RedBubble site -- greeting cards, prints, mugs, journal books and more.  I hope to keep up on these small tidbits until I feel like I'm not such an amateur!


Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
Edgar Degas

1 comment:

paintings by mgt said...

Hi! Kelly interesting use of the media mediums......enjoy! Retirement is great! Marianne